Schlanger Silver attorneys have the experience and the knowledge necessary to ensure that the tax needs of their clients are recognized and addressed both efficiently and competently. Tax impacts literally every other area of the firm’s legal practice and our tax practitioners have had decades of exposure to tax matters and to the related legal practice areas served by other attorneys within the firm.
Quite often, many of our clients come to the Firm not knowing there are tax ramifications to the situations for which they initially seek counsel. Our attorneys are trained to seek the advice of tax counsel to ensure that all tax concerns are addressed, even for seemingly unrelated legal matters.
Many legal transactions, however, have obvious complex tax considerations which must always be addressed. We have the sophisticated tax experience to structure even the most difficult matters to yield optimal tax outcomes. Schlanger Silver tax attorneys have particularly extensive tax experience with tax pass-through entities including general and limited partnerships, limited liability companies, series limited liability companies, and S corporations, which are utilized in our extensive real estate and commercial business practices.
Representative matters include:
- Represent clients with tax matters involving the Internal Revenue Service
- Form and implement limited partnerships, limited liability companies involving real estate, energy, medical and transportation activities
- Analyze federal and state tax benefits of tax pass-through entities including limited liability companies, partnerships, S corporations and trusts
- Plan for deferred compensation arrangements including qualified and non-qualified stock options, stock appreciation rights, carried interests and multiple classes of equity ownership
- Structure the acquisition and divestiture of businesses and their assets for optimal federal and state tax outcomes.